Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Review: Thena Acne Mask and Waterproof Sonic Facial Cleansing Brush



Review: 
Waterproof Sonic Facial Cleansing Brush
This was my first try with one of these Sonic Facial Cleansing brushes so I wasn't sure what to expect. I have used the rotating bristle brushes before but the vibration in this one was supposed to be different and I'm always excited to try new trends. You'd think at 34 that a person would've earned clear skin by now but that's not the case with me. I have regular breakouts and hormonal breakouts which are worse now that I'm older.

While I see the appeal of what this brush is supposed to do, I'm not sure I've seen enough results to be majorly wowed by it so I will be rating it as a 4 out of 5. I have to use it on the lowest vibration setting because otherwise it makes my face have a weird and not pleasant tingly sensation especially around the eyes. On the other hand, I have noticed my face clearing up but I'm not sure if it's due to the brush's effects or because I've been cleansing my face more frequently. There was a purge period the first couple times after using the brush and my face EXPLODED which I expected because any time you use a facial brush, it unclogs your pores and brings out stuff that has been lurking under your skin since kindergarten. Now that is clearing up, I have only had one breakout which is a miracle because it was around a "hormonal" time. I might not use it several times a week like I have been doing but maybe once a week for a deep clean. All in all, I would recommend trying this brush and I will definitely continue to use it.

Facial Mask for Acne Treatment
For me to have clear skin, I have to constantly be on my toes about what I put on my face, washing and using masks, and how much fried foods I eat. This kind of mask is good for drawing the extra oils out of my skin and clearing it up also. Starting out, I used this mask before getting in the shower on bi-weekly basis and washed my face with a facial cleansing brush when in the shower. I've noticed a huge difference in my skin after that first couple days of breakouts caused by my pores being cleaned out. I wouldn't recommend anyone with dry skin to use this mask because even with my oil slick skin, I did have a drying issue at first before my skin adjusted. Other than that, this mask is great for oily skin or blemish prone skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment